1.10.2011

funny things they say.

*just found this post in my drafts. man, they're a good time.

last night, as i kissed ellie goodnight & started to close the door, she shouts, "goodnight big mama!" we both bust out laughing.

this morning when audrey was getting dressed, ellie says, "audrey, you have a tiny bottom."

the other day i overheard a+e playing house.
a- hi, sweetie.
e- don't call me sweetie, call me dad!
a- okay, sweetie.
e- not sweetie! DAD!
a- shweeetie, come he-ere.
e- mo-ooom! audrey's calling me shweetie!

last week audrey was pretend reading my bible:
"we live in the kingdom...now go to the kingdom. kingdom. kingdom. kingdom." she kept talking about this kingdom. where the heck did she hear the word kingdom? looks like somebody is listening in sunday school.

today as we're walking out the door to school:
e: i smell something, mommy.
me: oh, me too. i think the carpets wet & stinky.
e: no, i think daddy farted.
[poor tim still gets blamed for the stink even when he's at work.]

today after i picked up ellie from school:
e: mommy, my bellies getting bigger.
me: you mean, you're hungry.
e: yeah, my bellies getting bigger.

and just now:
me: hey dude, can you get down from there.
i'm not dude. i'm audrey grace.


i really need to work on my dude slang. oh, my children.

11 comments:

lorieloo said...

I have to be the first to comment cause you were the first to comment on mine.

so tonight while driving, and right after I left you the message about DLAND, Henry spoke "I go to dineelan!"
"yeah Henry? YOu want to go with Audrey&Ellie?"
"Oh yeah! And the teacups!"


I think we have a plan. ;)

Cole Franke said...

I love it! I need to start writing down the things my 4 year old says. Last night Micah told me that once he's done being scared of girls then he'll kiss them. Oh boy!

Meghan Elaine said...

SO funny and cute.

Jessica said...

So dang cute! I can't wait till Elijah starts saying funny things.

katygirl said...

can't wait for that stage.

my mom gave me my baby book when miles was born and when i was being potty trained i sat down on the toilet and tooted and said with wide eyes, "was dis?" i guess i was so surprised that i stood up and touched my bottom and said it again in such shock that something would come out of there.

i should totes mcgoats blog about that.

Ali Winter said...

oh so cute...i love this post!

i took bos and jo into the bathroom with me the other day at a restaurant. we all had to go ;) when it was my turn, they had a lot to say really loud during the busy hour! First, "Mom you have a big butt!" Then, "Mom, what kind of underwear are those? I like them! Can I have some like that too?" Then, "how do you pee out your butt?"

Yep, I couldn't keep a straight face walking out of the stall!!

Chelsea said...

Working on your dude slang! You're too cute!

Kids say the darndest things ey?!

;)

Kirra said...

thanks for the laughs! what cutie girls you have! i loved hearing their thoughts! :)

lindsey leif said...

yesterday a kindergartner at school told asked me how my baby came out of my stomache.
yikes.
love your girlies :)

Olivia said...

sooo stinkin cute

grace said...

Hi Molly!
I think this is my first comment after checking in every so often (okay, okay, some have another word for that -but whatever).

I linked to this on my blog because your girls are so funny! I kind of wish they had blogs when I was little so my mom could have written down the funny things my twin & I said :)
lavisiondesdemiventana.blogspot.com