to me, reading a good blog is like reading a good book.
sometimes you connect & just can't put it down.
sometimes you go to the very last page, very last sentence, just to see how it ends (i would never do that. nope.)
& then sometimes, with some books, you only cruise back every once in awhile & take a few peeks. you know, for good measure :)
that's why blogging is so addicting sometimes.
you get wrapped up in these strangers lives..
like a sweet reality show..
& you just hafta come back to see what happens next.
am i right?
well tuesday, some of these strangers became my real-life-see-you-in-person-wow-that's-what-your-voice-sounds-like-i-can-smell-your-breath (phew) kinda friends.
& it was SO GOOD :)
[idk what all this talk about good books has to do with my story. just go with it. i guess what i'm trying to say is these girls are my good book. make sense?]
just a lil' jaunt to bakersfield is all it took to learn:
that lorie is just who she says she is. she's funny & genuine. charming & beautiful. a good mom, & wife. & a sweet cook, too! she loves God & people with everything she is. she's a giver & a talker (just like me) & we definitely could've chatted for-ev-er about nothing & everything. her henry & ben are deliciously cute & spunky. & her house is so adorable. she is so dang crafty (like i had to tell you that) & i walked away totally inspired!
& talia. oh, talia. just as sweet & pure in person as she is on her blog. a beautiful smile that does, indeed, light up the room. & a heart that is so big it spills over in every conversation. oh, & those girls of hers are the sweetest. our girls got along so well. i was sad i didn't make it her house for a visit. i wanted to see it so bad. i guess another trip to btown will just hafta happen soon ;)
& that davi. she's a crack up! she's teeny tiny! & she runs that house full of boys with such grace & wit. when i walked in her place i felt like i was in some kind of dream. i've always admired these girls for their mad decorating & sewing skills, but seeing it in person was another thing! i had to keep telling myself to play it cool when i was looking around at all her pillows & frames (or i would've just started spazzing all over the floor from the excitement of it all. bah!)
olive oyl was h-o-t-t. & i couldn't stop staring at her legs (& coveting just a wee bit). she's funny & honest & down to earth & such a good mom. i loved just chatting with her about life & learning more about her day-to-day. her swee' pea was audrey's favorite. man, that kid is cuuuute.
i even got to meet some new bloggin' friends! alyssa & her sister were too much fun! i got to learn about tofu kabobs & veggie hot dogs! ha! kristen's little girl was a hoot. she wasn't afraid of no'body. hilarious. not only were they gorgeous, they were so easy to talk to. love when you become insta friends just like that :) (umm, how did i not get one picture with you guys in it? & that cute munchkin of yours? lorie did. humpf.)
in short:
[we bbq'd & picnic'd on the lawn, chased around loud, happy kids, ate amazing homemade chocolate cake, stayed up way too late & got up way too early (well, some of us. ha.), ate some yummy chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, & bacon, romped around kern county museum, ate at the famous rosemary's (it was as good as they say!), made some house tours, & all too soon, it was time to go home. boo.]
we had the best time.
a&e never wanted to leave.
i didn't want it to end either.
i wish we were neighbors.
but maybe closer to the beach? ha.
the end.
but it's not!
p.s. lorie takes way better pics than me. & she blogged about it here.





















10 comments:
ndk
hahaha oops!
looks like a blast!!!!!! i am so happy it was non-stop fun!! I think you just need to move to bakersfield now. i bet they have a fire station out there too hee hee!!! All those kiddos are just gorgeous and all those moms are very inspiring!!
i can't wait to see you myself!! Just a couple weeks now till we can hug!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
aw. lets do it again. k? promise? good cause i miss you.
aw, miss molly, it was a dream for us all to meet you. i hope you did not feel overwhelmed by us all fighting over you, hee hee. you are the type of person that we just want to hang out with forever. you are so beautiful and laid back and super cool and down-to-earth. we love you!
Molly...
I so resonated with your post. Sometimes I feel like borderline creeper because I feel like all of you are my good friends haha (freaked out yet??) When I read your post I felt so excited for you like you were off to meet these celebrities. Sometimes I get flack from people about reading blogs and even having my own but I think this is such a great example of the "sisterhood" that can form through such a silly forum as blogging yet be solidified through a love of Christ. Anyways... I ramble... All I really wanted to say is that you all inspire me to be a better blogger and to open up to unexpected friendships...
xoxo Kristen
ohh, Molly, I love your pictures!! oh goodness, all of this was just too much fun. Like Davi said, it really was like a dream come true, meeting you and getting to hang out that night. you're just wonderful, friend. :)
thank you for coming all the way up to the hotness to see us all ;)
and as much as I would have LOVED to have you come over, I'm kinda glad you didn't if it means that you need to come back again soon. I'm down with that. Come back, and you can spend as much time as you like over here!!
miss your smiling face already!! I wish we were beighbors too. Also at the beach. haaaha.
I mean neighbors. Not beighbors. That sounds like the type of people who live next door to Justin Beiber. and i guess I'm just not that big of a fan.
k, done. :)
omg, i'm so jealous. how fun would it have been to be right there with you girls! I feel the same way too. i have a few blog friends that have become email friends, that i hope will someday become real-life in person-lets hang out kind of friends.
how fun! you girls are too cute!
I seriously can't believe I missed this, I'm just going to keep saying that over and over again LOL! I sort of wish I could have just blown off my whole day and ran down to Bakersfield so I too could soak up all the lovin! You girls make me smile, just looking at all these pictures made me SO happy that you all got to meet up! And the kids!! Oh my gosh, the kids. How adorably cute are they all together?!
I really wish there was some way to build this perfect blogging commune filled with laughter and fun and bestest blogging buddies, how amazing would that be?!
Love that all you girls posted since I'm about a catrillion years behind with the postingness.
Love you and love our get together and love everything about those two days. Except the part when you left. Boooo hissssss. Come back soon. Like right now. :)
P.S. I'm hot? More like "sweaty disgusting and dripping wet in this heat." But thanks for the compliment, all the same. BTW... I read your blog while I was on the Elliptical at the gym. And I laughed out loud when I got to the comment about my legs. A lot of people looked at my like I was crazy-sauce. Which I am. :)
Post a Comment